If you are new to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), this may sound a little technical to you – XML Sitemap and Robots.txt. These are two of the important files that Search Engine Crawlers looks at when crawling your site for information. Watch the following video to learn more:
Quick summary on the points mentioned for effective SEO:
- Standard W3C Comply Code – Use W3C Validator to test your site;
- Make sure your site is FAST for better user experience! Test your site speed at Google PageSpeed Insight;
- Use Robots.txt to tell search engine crawlers what to crawl and what not to;
- Create XML Sitemap that displays all your pages and structure;
- Submit your XML Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tool;
- Install Google Analytics right away to track your site traffic.
Hope this brief information would be helpful for your SEO effort! Cheers!
IPRO SEO – SEO SINGAPORE